REGISTRATION for One Call System for Emergency Contact of People with Special Health Care Needs
The Butler County Health Department is continuing to develop a registry of individuals with medical needs who may require special assistance in the event of a disaster such as a tornado, severe storm, chemical spill or earthquake. These individuals will be contacted utilizing the One Call System, an automated telephone service, which allows the health department to send out a phone message to everyone on the registry at one time when emergency situations are developing or have occurred.
Examples of Special Healthcare Needs are individuals:
- With severe respiratory problems (oxygen or ventilator dependent) that require a power source or ambu bag
- Dependent on airway suctioning (tracheotomy)
- On IV (intravenous) therapy
- Require tube feedings
- Require wound care or help with injections on a daily basis
- With physical or mental conditions that require daily medication
- Language or cultural barrier
- Hearing or Speech Impairment
This is a voluntary registration. The information you provide will be confidential and will be used by emergency personnel only to determine our community’s needs in the event of a disaster. In an emergency event you may be contacted via telephone, by an in-office staff or automated message, or by text message.